To maximize the strategic value of the Seafood Summit, particularly as 2012 takes this event to Asia for the first time, Seafood Choices will engage key international leaders and stakeholders to form an Advisory Committee (GAC).The intent is to ensure that the GAC members become vested in the success of, and opportunities presented by, the Summit. The GAC consists of leaders such as former Seafood Champions, business and conservation executives, and scientists in the sustainable seafood movement, representing global geographic locations (particularly North America, Europe and Asia).
The GAC is going to extend beyond the Summit and help guide SeaWeb’s Seafood Choices work in order that it may to continue to play a vital role in the sustainable seafood movement.
The members of the GAC are:
- Jim Cannon - President, Sustainable Fisheries Partnership
- Joseph Chou – Vice President, Luen Thai Fishing Ventures
- Andy Cornish – Conservation Director, World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
- Bill DiMento - Corporate Director of Sustainability, High Liner Foods
- Jon Goodlad - Chairman, Shetland Fish Products
- Mathias Ismail - Group Managing Director, OSO Delta Peche
- Sophie Le Clue – Director, Environment Program, ADM Capital Foundation
- Mike Mitchell - Director of Quality & Corporate Social Responsibility, Young’s Seafood Ltd.
- Andrew Mallison - Director General, International Fishmeal and Fish Oil Organization (IFFO)
- Steve Phillips – CEO, Phillips Foods
- Peter Redmayne - President. Seafare Group
- Peter Redmond – Vice President of Development, The Global Aquaculture Alliance
- Bill Taylor - CEO, Taylor Shellfish
- Helene York – Director of Strategic Sourcing and Research, Bon Appétit Management Company